Check EPF Claim Status Online by UAN, SMS, or Mobile App
After applying to withdraw their EPF money, employees will be able to verify the PF status of their claim. With the introduction of the Universal Account Number (UAN), the withdrawal of EPF funds has become easier, and the procedure may now be done online. However, in order to claim the EPF amount online, workers must first activate their UAN. The activation procedure may be completed using the EPFO site.
Employees must have access to the following information in order to examine the status of their claim:
- Company info details
- If an extension code is required, supply it.
- Regional EPF Office of the Employer
- Universal Account Number
Several Ways To Verify The Status Of A Claim
Employees will be able to monitor the status of the claims by using one of the below-mentioned methods:
A) Checking the status of a claim online
EPF Claim Status PF Claim Status Employees who want to verify their PF status online must follow the steps outlined below:
- Employees must first check the EPFO’s official website.
- The next step is to choose ‘For Employees.’ This is accessible via the ‘Our Services’ menu.
- Employees must then click ‘Know Your Claim Status’ on the next page. The link is available under ‘Services.’
- On the following page, the employee must provide his or her UAN and captcha information. After entering the information, the employee must click the ‘Search’ button.
- On the following screen, the employee must input the PF number, establishment code, PF office (through the drop-down menu), and state in which the PF office is located.
- After entering the aforementioned information, the employer must click the ‘Submit’ button. The claim’s status will be displayed on the screen.
To assist employees who have asked for PF withdrawal amounts, the EPFO sends information via SMS to their registered cellphone numbers. Under the following conditions, an SMS is delivered to the employee:
- When the claim application is received.
- When the monies are transferred to the employee’s bank account.
Employees can also use their UAN site to verify the progress of their claims. The following is the method for logging into the EPFO portal:
Step 1: Employees must first access the EPFO site and log in to the UAN portal or https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. Employees must provide their UAN, password, and captcha information. After entering the information, the employee must click the ‘Sign in’ button.
Step 2: After logging into the UAN site, the employee must select ‘Track Claim Status’ from the ‘Online Services menu.
Step 3: The data of the “Online Claim Status” will be presented on the screen on the next page.
Step 4: The information on “Transfer Claim Status” will be presented on the screen as you scroll down.
B) By making a missed call
Employees can verify the status of their claim by dialing 011-22901406 from their registered mobile phone. The employee must, however, associate the cell number with their UAN. The employee must also update his or her Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account information on the UAN site.
The employee is not charged because the call is disconnected after two rings. The claim information will be sent to the registered cellphone number through SMS.
C) Via SMS
Employees can send an SMS to check the progress of their claims. The employee’s mobile phone must be linked to the UAN site, and the SMS must be issued from that phone number. The SMS must be sent to 7738299899 in the format “EPFOHO UAN LAN.” The format specifies the language in which the employee wishes to receive the information. The table below lists the many languages and codes in which the SMS service is available:
D) Via UMANG App
Employees may also check other PF data such as balance available, claim status, and so on by utilizing the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app. The UMANG app, which is available for both iOS and Android, must be downloaded.
Here’s how to track your PF claim on the UMANG App in detail:
- Install the UMANG app from the Play Store or the App Store. After that, log in to your EPFO account and choose between ‘MPIN’ and ‘Login with OTP’. Enter your mobile phone number and select an option.
- If you choose ‘Login with OTP,’ you will be sent an OTP to your registered cellphone number. To log in to your account, enter it in the area given.
- After you’ve input your OTP, click the ‘Login’ button.
- After logging in, you will be sent to the EPFO portal’s home page. You must pick ‘Employee Centric Services’ here.
- Next, click ‘Track Claim,’ and you’ll be sent to a website where you may check the progress of your claim.
- This page displays the status of your claim. If you have no claims, the screen will look like this. If you do have claims, the screen will provide the claim status data.
Services Offered Via The UMANG App
The following are some of the services offered through the UMANG app:
- Claims may be filed.
- The status of claims can be verified.
- PF claims can be verified.
- It is possible to search establishments.
- The EPFO office location may be found.
- TRRN (Temporary Return Reference Number) status can be obtained.
Are you an employee looking to put your money into something more stable than EFP?
Real estate is the most secure and long-term investment choice right now. Do yourself a favor and start investing right now.
But are you unsure where or how to begin?
Allow Assetmonk to assist you! Assetmonk is a premium Indian real estate investing website with investment opportunities in Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore. It offers affordable commercial space investment options such as fractional ownership and crowdfunding starting at Rs. 25 lacs. The IRRs range between 14 and 21%. Our products, on the other hand, are divided into categories to accommodate different economic degrees of investors. Growth, Growth Plus, and Yield are the three categories. Click on the link above to learn more about us.
Check EPF Claim Status Online by UAN, SMS, or Mobile App FAQs
Form 10C is used for pension withdrawals, whereas Form 19 is used for Provident Fund withdrawals.
Employers cannot lower their portion of EPF contributions. Employers who lower their contributions are breaking the law.