You probably don’t want to be a landlord if you’ve ever had one: Answering late-night phone calls about oversized bugs and clogged toilets does not appear to be the most glamorous job. But, when done correctly, real estate investing can be profitable. However, many new investors are unsure of where or how to invest in real estate. Some real estate investments do not necessitate being at the beck and call of a tenant.
Property ownership is not always required for real estate investments. There are numerous other opportunities for investors to reap the benefits of real estate appreciation without having to shoulder the ongoing responsibilities of building maintenance. Investors who want to go beyond the traditional sense of investing can do so across multiple locations, property sizes, and real estate classes. While these may serve as stepping stones to future property ownership, the returns from these investments may be compelling enough to deter you from purchasing a home altogether.
Real estate investing is lucrative and it doesn’t require a significant amount of capital. While it is common to believe that the only way to invest in real estate is through direct property ownership, the truth is that numerous other options provide lucrative and consistent cash flow without the need to purchase a property and with less hassle.
But why do real estate investing?
More wealth has been created by the real estate industry than by any other industry. However, people are still hesitant to join the fray. Most people believe that they must start with some capital, but this is not always the case.
Real estate investing can be a great way to diversify a portfolio while also providing a hedge against market volatility. Because real estate is not directly correlated with the market, it can provide stability in a portfolio when stocks rise and fall. Many investment options like commercial real estate do not correlate with the financial markets, Thus, it safeguards your investment portfolio from economic fluctuations. CRE is a stable and physical asset, as opposed to other volatile investment products.
There are several advantages to real estate investing. It generates steady income flow, appreciates at pace with inflation, gives high return due to favorable leverage, and allows for equity development by reducing debt.
Investors have chosen real estate as a haven for their spare cash to achieve consistent returns that at the very least outperform inflation. Many people, however, are unsure how much money to invest and what options are available within their financial constraints.
Do not miss High Time To Add Stability To Your Investment Portfolio In The Age Of Frequent Equity Market Crashes.
So, what are the real estate investing methods for you in 2022?
- REITs: REITs enable you to invest in real estate without owning and managing the actual property. They are also an excellent way to gain exposure to the real estate market without investing large sums of money, especially at today’s high prices. These entities, which invest in and own real estate and real estate-related securities through a tax-advantaged structure, can be a great way for new investors to get started. REITs are a good choice for stock market investors looking for consistent income. They provide investors with access to nonresidential ventures such as malls and office complexes that are otherwise inaccessible to ordinary investors. REITs, like stocks, can be purchased through a brokerage account and provide investors with access to high-quality real estate portfolios managed by experienced and highly qualified fund managers. REITs, in the end, give investors access to expensive real estate without having to pay the premium to buy it directly. REITs are known to provide a minimum annual return of 7-8 percent to small and middle-level investors.
- Fractional Ownership: Have you ever dreamed of investing in that glitzy office building beside your apartment but cannot because you do not have deep pockets? Well, not anymore. You can now invest in a commercial real estate property valued at Rs. 30 crores with a minimum of Rs. 10 lacs through fractional ownership investment in office real estate. Several investors pool their resources to buy a premium office building. The expenses and profits associated with the property are also shared by the investors or co-owners. Rental income gets distributed to investors in proportion to their property investment. The capital gain realized at the sale is also divided proportionally among the investors. The property’s co-owners also earn rental returns ranging from 6% to 10% per year.
Do not miss Fractional Ownership in India: What Will Happen In The Next 5 Years?
- Real Estate Crowdfunding: Crowdfunding, as defined by the foundational book “The Crowdfunding Bible,” is the practice of requesting the general public to donate money or starting capital to help support new companies. Concepts may be marketed directly to regular Internet users via this type of online fundraising, in which open calls to possible investors are put on websites alongside prospective investment possibilities. These individuals, who contribute to a pool of funds derived from others with similar interests, might give financial support for existing or potential real estate ventures. Such opportunities can take the shape of residential or commercial holdings and can entail either the creation of new housing, retail, or office space or a stake in an existing holding. In essence, real estate crowdfunding allows you to increase or expand your wealth while also starting in the world of property ownership and rental with a little initial investment.
Do not miss Real Estate Crowdfunding: Evaluate If Crowdfunding Is The Right Investment Option For You.
- House Flipping: Property flipping is a Western notion in which an investor purchases an item – often real estate – and immediately sells it for a profit. The concept is well-known in Western nations, but it is still gaining traction in the Indian market. It is simple to flip properties. You either buy a home with the expectation of a speedy increase in the value of the property and sell it as soon as you earn your projected profit, or you buy a home and remodel it to improve the value of the house and then sell it for a profit. As a real estate flipper, you want to earn money. Property flippers frequently seek to sell discounted houses purchased in less than six months and reap profits. House flippers frequently do not invest in properties that are already in good condition. As a result, the property should possess the inherent worth required to earn extra returns with no changes, or they will remove the property from the competition. Another type of flipper earns money by purchasing low-cost houses and increasing value by remodeling them. It allows investors to afford more than one property.
- Real estate investment groups (REIGs): REIGs are similar to tiny mutual funds that invest in residential units. If you wish to possess or own a residential unit but don’t want the headache of every homeowner, then a REIG may be the answer for you. A REIG company acquires or constructs apartment buildings. Also, they permit investors to buy these properties. At the same time, these investors also join the group. An investor has access to purchase one or more self-contained housing units. But, the REIG maintains all the apartments collectively through maintenance, advertisement of vacancies, and selection of tenants. The firm gets the rental income every month in return for doing these management services.
The Difference Between Direct Vs Indirect Real Estate Investing?
Direct real estate investments entail the ownership and management of properties by a landlord. Residential property is an excellent example of direct real estate investment. However, indirect real estate investments include investing in a trust or a company that holds and manages properties. REITs, commercial real estate fractional ownership, and real estate crowdfunding are some famous examples of indirect real estate investing.
Do you want to invest in fractional ownership of commercial real estate and real estate crowdfunding? Assetmonk is an investing platform based in Hyderabad that specializes in high-end real estate crowdfunding and fractional ownership opportunities in Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai.
Modern Methods of Real Estate Investing FAQ’S
What is the best strategy to invest in real estate?
The best strategy for real estate investments are:
- Fractional Ownership of the commercial real estate
- Real estate Crowdfunding
What are 3 ways in which you can invest in real estate?
The three ways you can invest in real estate are:
- Fractional Ownership of the commercial real estate
- Real Estate Crowdfunding
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
What type of real estate is most profitable?
Commercial real estate is the most profitable type of real estate.
All The Banking Details To Know For NRI Investments In India Real Estate
Can NRIs invest in India real estate? Yes, NRIs can buy and sell an estate in India. NRI investments in India real estate are also a profitable option. But, how do NRIs get to invest in India real estate? Through foreign bank accounts? Or Indian bank accounts? There are crucial things NRI should be aware of before investing in any property in the country within the FEMA. They must abide by the RBI guidelines for NRI investment in real estate.
Real Estate Investing Is Easy With These 3 Modern Methods In 2022
Property ownership is not always required for real estate investments. There are numerous other opportunities for investors to reap the benefits of real estate appreciation without having to shoulder the ongoing responsibilities of building maintenance. Real estate investing can be profitable.
Documents Required For PIO, OCI, NRI Investments In India
NRI investments in India are the most talked about but least understood topic. It is since the rules are just far too complicated. It also applies to the paperwork required to close a real estate transaction. So, if you are NRI planning to do real estate investments in your home country, you must be aware of the documents required to close the transaction.
50 Lakhs Investment Options Via Fractional Ownership In The Indian Real Estate Market
Fractional ownership is a paradigm that has gained traction in several developed countries, including the United States, Singapore, and Hong Kong, and is now gaining traction in India.
Fractional Ownership Of Commercial Real Estate vs Cryptocurrency In 2022
There are a variety of investment options available to help an investor diversify their portfolio and decrease risk. Consider two options: Cryptocurrencies and fractional ownership in commercial real estate.
RBI Guidelines For NRI Investments In Real Estate
NRIs can buy and sell real estate in India. NRI investments in India get governed by the Reserve Bank of India and are subject to the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA). As a result, there are investment rules and regulations for NRIs in Indian real estate that must get followed during such transactions.
Fractional Ownership & REITs: Questions Answered By A Professional Real Estate Lawyer
Understanding the basics of REITs and Fractional Ownership, and knowing the differences and their suitability is important before taking the final decision of investing. Hence, to add to your knowledge, we bring you a detailed comparison of both and outline which investment is suitable for your investing goals.
Difference Between Residential Real Estate Tenants vs Commercial Real Estate Tenants
Have you been thinking of investing in real estate lately? But, don’t know whether to invest in residential or commercial property for better returns? Maybe, let us first understand the difference between residential real estate tenants and commercial real estate tenants to better make an informed decision.
5 Inarguable Reasons To Swap Residential Real Estate Investments With Commercial Real Estate Investments
Real estate is the best form of investment due to the guaranteed, dependable, and infallible profits and higher returns. There are many ways to invest in real estate, of which the most prominent are residential real estate and commercial real estate.
FDI POLICY- GOVERNMENT PROVIDES CLARITY!
FDI is not authorized in a company that is or intends to be in the real estate business, farmhouse building, or dealing in transferable development rights.
Indian Startups Are Expected To Lease Around 29 Million Square Feet Of Office Space In 2022-2024
According to a report by Colliers and CRE Matrix, the leasing of office space or commercial office space by startups is expected to increase by 30% during 2022-24 across six cities.
Indian Real estate Market- a 2022 outlook!
Despite concerns about the Omicron crisis, the real estate market in 2022 appears to be positive, with demand growth across all categories.
Invest Like The Pros – How To Reinvest Residential Returns Into Commercial Real Estate Investments
Investors, both institutional and private, have gravitated into Commercial Real Estate (CRE) because to its high returns and investment portfolio diversification, which protects investments from market volatility.
Investing 50L? Here Are Fractionally Owned Commercial Real Estate Opportunities in India
Fractional ownership is a recent trend in the real estate market which is a new, feasible, and pocket-friendly way for commercial real estate investors!
Stock Market vs Real Estate – How Will Your 50L Grow In Volatile vs Stable Asset Class
You currently have 50L in your account. You are probably wondering how to use it and where to grow it now. We’ve all heard that real estate and stocks are excellent investments. But, should you invest 50L in real estate or the stock market for better returns? Real estate vs stocks? That is the question so many of us want to be answered to grow our wealth.
5 Stable & Less Volatile Investment Opportunities For 50L Capital in India
An individual’s risk profile must be matched with the risks associated with the investment product before participating in any of the investment options outlined here. With a minimum investment of 50 lakh rupees, here are five less volatile and more stable investment opportunities in India.
High Time To Add Stability To Your Investment Portfolio In The Age Of Frequent Equity Market Crashes
Now that the stock market crash has made a big, crushing impact on your portfolio, what’s Plan B? It’s a High Time To Add Stability To Your Investment Portfolio In The Age Of Frequent Equity Market Crashes.
Early Retirement Investment Plan For Salaried Employees
What do you call someone who is enthusiastic and upbeat on a Monday? A retiree. Specifically, a retiree with a solid retirement portfolio. If you are a salaried professional, you are probably familiar with the month-end crunch that haunts you. Most of us are left wondering, “Where has all the money gone?” failing to contribute towards a retirement plan. So, how do you get the retirement you’ve always desired? You must invest early for retirement through the investment options.
Compare Returns On NRI Investment Options In India
NRIs are looking for the best options for NRI Investment in India 2022 that provide the highest returns. However, NRIs are susceptible to marketing ploys and end up with products that do not give them high returns. They are frequently perplexed by the many options available. Too many choices also do not make it any easier. So, where can you invest for reasonable returns? There are many investment options that you can invest in. However, not all provide high returns. So, we shall compare investment options in India for NRIs from real estate to mutual funds with returns.
Will the Hybrid work culture impact the Indian office space market in 2022?
As we rise from the grip of isolation, businesses are preparing for the unavoidable: the hybrid work environment. JLL reports state that India’s office space market gets anticipated for a 15-20 percent increase in demand and a strong 30-35 percent annual growth in 2022.