Owning real estate in India has long been connected with prestige, money, and credibility. It was, along with gold, the most secure manner of protecting one’s fortune.
As we progressed into the contemporary period, a plethora of new investment opportunities emerged. Stocks, bonds, fixed deposits, mutual funds, digital or cryptocurrency, and other choices provided investors with a variety of places to lodge their money. However, among all of them, real estate remains one of the most stable and profitable options for long-term, profitable investment.
To some extent, we are all aware of the potential financial benefits of real estate investing. It goes without saying that there are several advantages to investing in real estate that exceed the costs, and you as a real estate investor may be receiving a consistent stream of income to achieve financial freedom in the long run.
Whether you want to quit your boring 9-5 job and become a full-time real estate investor or save for retirement, you are on the right track to accomplishing your financial objectives sooner than you would imagine. It just takes one rental property to launch your real estate firm and secure a consistent stream of rental revenue.
When it comes to investing, there are several options available. Real Estate Property investment is one of them. Investing in real estate is a great option to consider as it comes with several advantages, which makes it distinct from other investment options. It offers investors several financial benefits as the return rate of investments is higher because of practical leverage, and investing in rental properties can also earn you a stable income. Real estate also provides foreseeable cash flow as it appreciates. It also offers equity growth through abridge. This article provides you with a list of reasons for investing in real estate property.
What are the Top benefits of real estate investment?
- Capital Appreciation: One of the most important characteristic features of real estate is that it appreciates over time. Imbue in the field of real estate is generally long-term financial security. Capital appreciation can be defined as a portion of the investment for which the market price exceeds the original purchase price or cost. Capital appreciation can occur for many different reasons in different markets and forte classes. The phenomenon of capital value appreciation or increase of a property’s market value over a period of time happens because of various components, including:
- They impart ultimatum dynamics of a specific location.
- How monetary inflation is behaving?
- The dividend rates banks charge for home loans, meaning the cost of borrowing.
- The enlargement of new footing or other new real estates market drivers such as schools, shopping malls, airports, or increased public transport facilities in a specific area.
- Increase in local citizens, leading to increased stimulation
- Steady Income: This is not something new! The majority of real estate investors invest with the objective of a steady income or flow of cash. The passive income may be earned from renting activities, which is a huge incentive to the investor. By investing in the correct location, you will earn a substantial amount of money to cover the cost and make some additional monetary benefits out of your investment. Urban cities or towns with colleges and universities may earn you higher income as the demand is high in these areas. It is recommended that you don’t limit yourself to just one rental property and invest in multiple rental properties to increase your profit margin and diversify your investment portfolio. Suppose you are a beginner or find the entire task of investing in real estate as a workload. In that case, you can always take the assistance of a real estate agent or any professional in property management.
- Portfolio Diversification: Real estate provides investors a chance to diversify their portfolios. Real estate sometimes has a low and, in some instances, a negative correlation to the other prominent asset classes. This implies that by adding real estate to your portfolio, you can lower your portfolio volatility and earn a higher return per unit of risk. The primary function of portfolio diversification is to decrease the consequences on your investments, specifically unsystematic risk. Unsystematic risk, also known as specific risk, is a risk that is related to a specific company or market segment. This is the risk you sought to eliminate by diversifying your portfolio, and by doing so, all your investments would not be affected when a particular market event occurs. Portfolio diversification is of the core creed of investing and is pivotal for better risk management. There are many benefits to diversification. However, it must be done with at most care.
- Hedge against market volatility: It has been observed that during a down market, there is only roughly a 40% link between real estate and equities. When assets have a low correlation, they are less likely to rise and fall at the same time, which is why real estate is sometimes suggested as a hedge against stock market volatility.
- Cash flow for retirement years: When done correctly, real estate investing is a reliable method to build wealth over time. Among the several advantages of real estate investing is the ability to generate income flow during retirement. This implies that the revenue from your rental properties might assist complement your retirement years.
- Long-term financial security: Another important benefit of investing in real estate is that it is long-term financial security. Owning a property provides the investors with a feeling of pride and security as the property’s value appreciates over time as both land and buildings are appreciable assets. However, there is no explicit guarantee that the value of the property will appreciate indefinitely. Thus, you must conduct thorough research before choosing a location and closing a deal.
- Tax benefits: One of the significant advantages of investing in real estate is that there are several exemptions granted to real estate investors. For example, rental property is exempted from self-employment tax. Additionally, tax deductions are granted on the grounds of property depreciation, insurance, maintenance, repairs, property tax, legal fee, etc. Despite all this, one of the best reasons why you should invest in real estate is that you become entitled to a lower tax rate for your long-term investments.
Don’t miss: How to invest in real estate smartly to save tax?
- Inflation Hedge: Another reason why you should invest in real estate is that it provides you with a hedge against inflation. When inflation is high, the value of your property increases. Thus, the investors expect high inflation rates to increase their returns as the cost of living rises.
- Real Estate Leverage: The process of using different financial instruments, options, or borrowed capital to increase the potential return of your investment is known as leverage. A 20% payment as a down payment on a mortgage can earn you your dream home. The main reason for this is that real estate property is a tangible asset and can serve as collateral as the financing is made readily available. The advantages provided by leveraged debt to real estate investing are threefold. First among the benefits is that leveraging debt allows one to acquire property that you wouldn’t or else can afford right away. The second benefit is that leveraged investments can earn an impressive profit rate (both directly and indirectly), at least notably more so than if you’ve acquired the property through monetary means. Lastly is the tax convenience obtained from paying off the interest portion of debts, which are customarily listed as expenses. This would create a tax target that would help you keep as much of your investment gains as possible.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs): Real estate investment trusts (REITs) are a crucial thought when constructing any impartiality or fixed-income portfolio. They provide greater diversification, dormant increased total profits, and lower overall risk. In short, their capacity to produce dividend income along with capital appreciation marks them as an excellent countervail to stocks, bonds, and cash.
Despite all the benefits, investing in real estate also has certain drawbacks. One main drawback is that it lacks liquidity. Unlike the investments made in stocks and bonds, the real estate sector’s investments may take months to complete.
Yet, real estate is considered a distinct forte class that is simple to understand and can have a greater risk and returns portfolio. Real estate also offers tax breaks, equity building, steady income, appraisals, hedge against inflation, leverage, etc. Real estate is also one of the sought ways to diversify the investor’s portfolio as it lowers volatility irrespective of whether you invest in physical properties or REITs.
Assetmonk is an online platform revolutionizing Real Estate investment options in prominent cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai. We offer products for long-term and short-term investments. Visit our website for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions on Reasons to Invest in Real Estate:
There are several benefits of investing in real estate. It offers high capital appreciation, steady income in the form of rental income and offers the investors an option to diversify their portfolio.
The fact that real estate investments require large capital is one of the major limitations. Another added disadvantage is that it has lower liquidity rates, which means that the property cannot be converted into cash quickly and require some time. It is also very essential that you invest in the right property at the right time to maximize your profit.
Some of the tips for real estate beginners while investing in real estate include: identify your financial stage, choosing your real estate strategy, picking your target market, deciding on your property class, building your team, etc. It is also important that you decide on the source of financing your property. In case you are not willing to invest in physical property, you can also invest in the form of REITs.