EPFO has made it possible for its members to get numerous services by SMS on their registered cellphone numbers. Members can register their cellphone numbers in EPFO’s database online with a few clicks using the EPF member site. It is also quite simple to alter the cellphone number in your EPF account by going to the UAN member portal.
If you change your phone number, you must update it and link it to your Universal Account Number (UAN). Learn how to use your UAN to register a new mobile number with the EPFO.
How to Add a Mobile Number to an EPF Account?
When you receive your UAN, you must activate it by entering the EPFO member portal. To activate your UAN, complete the procedures outlined below:
- Go to the EPFO Member Portal.
- Click the “Activate UAN” button.
- Add your UAN, Aadhaar number, name, birth date, cellphone number, and captcha code.
- Now, choose “Get Authorization Pin.”
- Your cellphone number will get an OTP.
- Input the OTP to activate your UAN, and this mobile number will be linked to your EPF account as well.
Also, read EPFO Login – How to Login EPFO Member Portal.
How to Replace EPF Account Mobile Number Online?
Once your mobile number is linked to your UAN, EPFO will use this number for all SMS communications. This number can also be changed online in a few simple steps:
- Log in to your account on the EPFO member site.
- In the “Manage” section, select “Contact Details.”
- When you select “Change Cellphone No.,” a new box opens in which you must input the new mobile number twice. Now, choose “Get Authorization Pin.”
- This number receives an OTP.
- Enter this OTP into the appropriate field and press the “Submit” button. The EPFO portal will be updated with your new cellphone number.
How to Change Your Phone Number If You Lose Your Password?
It is possible that you no longer have your prior mobile number and have forgotten the password to access your EPF account via UAN. If you have forgotten your password, follow the procedures below to update your cellphone number and password:
- Go to the EPF Member Portal and choose “Forgot Password.”
- Enter your UAN and captcha, then press the “Submit” button.
- If you wish to alter your already registered cellphone number, choose “No.”
- Enter your name, birth date, and gender, and then click the “Verify” button.
- To verify your data, choose Aadhaar/PAN and input your Aadhaar/PAN. To authenticate your request, click the “Verify” button.
- Once your information has been checked, you will be prompted to input your new cellphone number and click the “Get OTP” button.
- Your new cellphone number will get an OTP. Enter the OTP and then press the “Verify” button.
- After the OTP has been validated, you will be prompted to enter your new password. After typing your new password twice, click “Submit.” Your password will be successfully changed, and your new cellphone number will be updated in the system.
EPF Services via Mobile
An EPF member can access a variety of services online, through SMS, or via the Umang app. The following EPF services are available by SMS:
- Your UAN and its current state (Active or inactive)
- EPF Specifics
- Balance of EPF/PF
- Status of EPF transfer or EPF withdrawal Bank account, PAN, and Aadhaar linkage Last contribution OTP service for authentication.
Have you ever desired to invest in something more stable and with larger returns than NPS? Remarkably, real estate is one such alternative investment that provides the same rewards but in a more efficient manner! Real estate provides long-term stability, guaranteed profits, capital appreciation, and substantial incentives.
Assetmonk, one of the best real estate investing platforms, allows you to participate in a variety of commercial and residential real estate assets through fractional ownership and crowdfunding. Also, the IRRs range between 14 percent and 21 percent.
How to Register/Change Mobile Number in EPF Account FAQs
Yes, when your employer successfully contributes to your EPF account, an SMS message is issued to your registered cellphone number.
No. After registering your mobile phone with EPFO and establishing your UAN, you can transfer cash from an existing EPF account to a new one.