The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) provides an online interface that allows you to view account information using only your Universal Account Number (UAN). You may check the amount of your EPF account, watch the progress of your claims, receive information on contributions made, and transfer cash from a prior member ID to the current one.
Read more about EPF – Employees’ Provident Fund, EPFO Benefits & Process here.
Multiple PF accounts (PF) can also be consolidated online using your UAN login, making it easier to manage your account and obtain information in one location.
Also read about Saving Schemes in India here.
Steps to UAN Login
- 1st step: First, go to the EPFO website.
- 2nd step: Select ‘For Employees.’ The option is located under ‘Services.’
- 3rd step: On the following page, select ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP).’
- 4th step: After that, input the UAN password, and captcha information. Click the ‘Sign in’ button.
- 5th step: The following page will be the home page of your EPFO portal.
How to Change Your Mobile Number on the EPFO Portal?
- 1st step: Go to the EPFO‘s official website.
- 2nd step: Then, under the ‘Services’ option, choose ‘For Employees.’
- 3rd step: On the following screen, select ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP).’
- 4th step: Enter the UAN, password, and captcha details on the following page. Click the ‘Sign In‘ button.
- 5th step: Click on the ‘Manage’ tab and then on ‘Contact Details.’
- 6th step: On the following screen, select the ‘Change Mobile No.’ option.
- 7th step: Enter the new mobile number twice in the appropriate areas, then click ‘Get Authorization Pin.’
- 8th step: A one-time password (OTP) will be provided to the new cellphone number. Enter the OTP and press the ‘Submit’ button.
- 9th step: After completing the preceding steps, the new number will be updated on the EPFO webpage.
Steps to Update a Mobile Number If You’ve Forgotten Your Password
- 1st step: Go to the following address: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- 2nd step: On the next screen, click ‘Forgot Password.’
- 3rd step: On the following page, enter the UAN and captcha details.
- 4th step: Once the above details have been entered, click on ‘Submit’.
- 5th step: On the next page, there will be a request to send an OTP to the old mobile number. Click on the ‘No’ option which can be found against the ‘Do you wish to send the OTP on the above mobile number?’
- 6th step: Next, enter your name, date of birth, and gender.
- 7th step: Once the above details have been entered, click on ‘Verify’.
- 8th step: Next, select the method by which they would like to verify your details. You will be able to verify details either by using the Permanent Account Number (PAN) or the Aadhaar number.
- 9th step: Once the relevant details are entered, click on ‘Verify’.
- 10th step: Once the details that are provided by you are validated, enter the new mobile number in the box provided and click on ‘Get OTP’.
- 11th step: An OTP will be sent to the new mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Verify’.
- 12th step: Once the above step is complete, you have the option to change the password. The password will need to be entered twice in the boxes that are provided. Once the new password details have been entered, click on ‘Submit’.
- 13th step: Once the above step is complete, the mobile number and the password will be updated on the EPFO portal.
The Benefits of Updating Your Mobile Number on the EPFO Portal
- An SMS from the registered cellphone number can be used to check the EPF balance.
- The registered cellphone number can be used to verify the status of the claim.
- Contributions to the EPF account are updated through SMS, which is delivered to the registered cellphone number.
- In the case of an EPF withdrawal, the notice will be delivered through SMS to the registered cellphone number after the procedure to credit the money to the bank account has begun.
- To transfer EPF funds from an old member ID to a new one.
- The validation procedure is complete only when the OTP issued to the registered cellphone number is submitted.
Using UAN to Merge Multiple PF Accounts
Instead of terminating a PF account every time a subscriber moves jobs, he or she may now use their UAN to consolidate numerous PF accounts and manage all accounts as one. Those who want to consolidate numerous PF accounts using their UAN can do so by following the steps outlined below. Before proceeding with the process of combining their accounts, subscribers must confirm that they meet the requirements specified below.
Learn about your UAN status.
- Navigate to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ to access the portal.
- Select the ‘Know your UAN Status’ option.
- Enter your Member ID, PF number, Aadhaar number, or PAN number.
- Enter your home state and business address.
- Enter information such as your name, date of birth, and contact information.
- Fill in the captcha code.
- Choose ‘Get Authorization Pin.’
- You will be provided with a one-time password.
- Enter your OTP.
- Select ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’.
- The UAN number and status will be delivered to your phone.
Do you want to invest in something more stable than EFP?
Have you ever considered investing in real estate? If you haven’t already, you should.
But why is that? Real estate is the most secure and long-term investment choice.
But are you confused about where or how to begin?
Allow Assetmonk to assist you! Assetmonk is a well-known real estate investing platform in India that offers chances in Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore. It offers practical commercial space investment options such as fractional ownership for as little as Rs. 25 lacs and crowdfunding. IRRs range from 14 to 21%. Our items, on the other hand, are divided into categories to accommodate different economic degrees of investors. Growth, Growth Plus, and Yield are the three categories.