What Makes Real Estate Investment In India The Most Profitable Investments For NRIs?
An ordinary Indian seeks methods to build riches and lead a financially secure life. People no longer rely solely on their wages and savings for that. People desire to put their bucks and generate additional streams of income. So, where can we invest profitably, or what are the profits in real estate? Real estate investment in India is flourishing and has been a staple of many successful portfolios because of its high ROI.
We prepare for what is to come and find ways to grow our money and riches. There are several investment vehicles like FDs, stocks, venture capital, and real estate investments. But, a detailed examination of all of them indicates that real estate investment in India has the lowest risk and maximum rewards. There are several ways to build your wealth, ranging from real estate for novices to real estate for businesses. But you’re probably asking, “How can I invest in real estate in India?” or “Is there profit in the real estate business in India?” Fortunately, we have a solution.
According to NITI Aayog, the Indian real estate sector will be worth $1 trillion by 2030 and contribute 13% of India’s GDP by 2025. The real estate industry, which is now the third-largest contributor to economic growth, is predicted to continue its rising trend in 2022.
The real estate index surged by 75% last year and is the second-best performing sector index, outperforming the benchmark index Nifty50. Real estate has made a return and is likely to thrive in the coming year, thanks to record low lending rates and temporary stamp cuts.
The Indian government has also undertaken several bold steps to spur growth in the real estate sector. For example, the Smart City Project, which entails the construction of 100 smart cities, represents significant potential for Indian real estate developers. Furthermore, SEBI has authorized REITs to ease investment in the country’s real estate sector from all types of investors.
How is real estate investment in India a profitable investment?
Is real estate business profitable in India? Oh, yes! The real estate business is profitable. But, how so?
- Risk-free investment: A real estate investment is safer than other assets like the stock market, gold, or cryptocurrency. The financial market fluctuates. Gold assists with market swings, but gold comes with its problems, like theft and storage concerns. Cryptocurrency is the latest fad. So, very little gets known. The real estate industry has grown in recent years with the introduction of RERA and lower home loan interests. Interest in bank savings accounts is low, particularly when contrasted with inflation. You may put your extra money to good use via real estate investing. It has a lesser vulnerability to frequent swings and has a low theft risk. Furthermore, real estate has a longer pricing cycle than other instruments. Thus, real estate values are predictable and steady.
- Rapidly expanding industry: The Indian property market is on the rise rapidly. The real estate industry gets predicted to rise by 65,000 cr in 2040 from 12,000 cr in 2019, accounting for 13 percent of the GDP in 2025.
- High growth potential: As the world’s attention shifts to India from China, real estate investments in India may be a successful alternative in this environment. Foreign corporations are moving to India. Employees in India will increase. With the infusion of money, individuals are likely to buy homes, increasing the demand for properties. It is excellent for property investors. They can take advantage of the capital gains tax breaks provided by Section 54F of the IT Act.
- Maximum return on investment: Actual estate investment returns outperform inflation, providing real earnings. Real estate provides a maximum return with less risk than stocks and bonds. The investing process is relatively simplified, with procedures such as registration and stamp duty in place, limiting the likelihood of fraud and scams.
- Tax breaks: Home loans might help you save money on taxes. As a first-time homeowner, you can save 1.5 L on the principal amount and 2 L on the interest due under Section 24. Tax breaks can reduce the cost of your investment and make it much more reasonable.
- Demand Potential: Migration is the driving force behind job searches in larger cities. So, real estate has flourished in the previous two decades and gets expected to continue to rise in the future years. People are willing to invest in little flats that serve two functions: living and investing. Demand is fast increasing and gets predicted to continue until 2025. So, the potential for need makes it a viable enterprise with several participants.
What are the profitable avenues for real estate investment in India?
- REITs: One of the best avenues for real estate investing in India is the profitable REITs. REITs allow investors to invest in property without owning and managing the property. They are also a better approach to learning about the current real estate market without spending tons of money. REITs are a better investment choice for stock market investors seeking regular income. They introduce investors to nonresidential projects such as shopping malls and office buildings that would otherwise be inaccessible to typical investors. REITs are very well for offering investors a minimum yearly return of 7 percent to 8 percent. REITs also provide flexibility in terms of lock-in duration. Investors can sell their stocks quickly.
- Affordable Housing: Another interesting real estate investment avenue for you is the profitable rental property or affordable housing. The country’s low-income populations are in great demand for rental accommodation. Day wage earners and migratory employees from the informal sector solely rely on rental accommodation. According to government figures, 26 to 37 million families in urban India dwell in informal housing. Thus, investing in low-cost housing yields a greater rate of return.
- Real Estate Crowdfunding: Previously, real estate investing used to be a lofty goal for the average investor. However, it is no longer an issue. Crowdfunding is a novel way for investors to pool their resources for a real estate project. To begin with, they earn from rental money. Furthermore, crowdfunding enables investors to participate in high-end commercial property investment ventures with no management. The properties will get managed by operators. All an investor needs to do is supply money to support the enterprise. A real estate developer provides reasonable guaranteed returns of 12 percent on funds invested. Thus, real estate crowdfunding offers a consistent source of passive income. Because the average duration of real estate crowdfunding is 8 to 10 years, continual income flows may get reinvested in building assets for a two-fold return.
- Commercial real estate: Putting your money into commercial real estate is an attractive prospect. Despite market volatility, this is since commercial real estate investing provides a continuous source of cash flow and asset appreciation. Commercial real estate, once owned, is a lucrative and consistent source of wealth in a short period. Commercial-grade property ownership includes workspaces, warehouses, and factories. CRE valued in crores has, without a doubt, always been the realm of HNIs and Ultra HNIs because of the financial investment required. As a result, middle-income investors have just two options: volatile equities or low-interest bank FDs. However, fractional ownership now enables you to invest in better commercial properties. The rent turnover for commercial properties is between 5% and 12%. Rents continue to rise year after year. As a consequence, you outperform inflation. Commercial real estate has a rate of return that ranges between 6 and 12 percent.
- Fractional Ownership: We have always been afraid and discouraged from investing in real estate. Commercial real estate has a high value in particular. Why is this so? Because commercial properties are expensive and get measured in crores. You only have a small budget. So it’s understandable that you’d want to flee. But what if I told you that you could invest in that high-end office space just next to your apartment? That, too, with only 10 L. You and your mates can pool a minimum of Rs 10 lacs each to invest in high-value ventures. That is fractional ownership. You may now invest in the 400 crores of commercial space for as little as Rs. 10 lacs. Commercial real estate is now a profitable business under 10 lakhs. A group of investors pooled their funds to purchase a high-priced office building. The property’s expenditures and income get divided among the shareholders. Rental income revenue gets paid to investors as the amount invested in real estate. The capital gain from the sale is distributed evenly among the investors. The property’s stockholders profit from yearly rental income ranging from 6 to 10%.
- Co-living Spaces: There is a significant unmet market for co-living residences among millennials in India. It has migrant working professionals and students aged 35 and 18. Millennials make up more than 30% of the population of India. So, if you’re searching for a location to do real estate investing, co-living residences give demands and opportunities. According to real estate experts, students and young professionals who live far from home want co-living spaces. It is because the room’s rental income falls when it is rented by more than two individuals. As a result, co-living is the better choice for tenants.
In 2022, real estate investment in India is seeing robust growth in demand. The Indian real estate industry is thriving, and being a part of it might provide lucrative returns in the future. So, ride this tidal wave to ensure your future.
Do you also want to take part in the real estate investment in India? Reach out to Assetmonk. Assetmonk is one of the most reputable platforms for investing in the Indian real estate market. Assetmonk investment opportunities are the best alternative for investors due to their high growth potential deals from India’s metropolitan centers, secure investment procedure, and IRR of up to 21%.
FAQ'S On Profitable Real Estate Investments for NRIs
Real estate investment in India is flourishing and has been a staple of many successful portfolios because of its high ROI. The Indian real estate market is expanding rapidly. The real estate industry is predicted to rise from 12,000 crores in 2019 to 65,000 crores in 2040, accounting for over 13 percent of the country’s GDP by 2025.
You can invest in the following areas in India for real estate: