Individuals who join the National Pension Scheme are given a Permanent Retirement Account Number, which allows them to access their funds. State and central government personnel must register for PRAN cards. Registration information is accessible on the National Securities Depository Limited’s official website. However, one can apply for PRAN in a variety of various ways.
Also, read Saving Schemes in India.
NPS PRAN Is?
National Pension Scheme users are assigned a 12-digit Permanent Retirement Account Number, which allows them to access their funds from anywhere in India. Under PRAN, there are two types of National Pension Scheme accounts.
- Tier-I: This account is not withdrawable and is intended for retirement savings.
- Tier II: This account type, like any other savings account, allows you to withdraw your funds. You cannot, however, claim tax breaks.
Furthermore, the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) issues this number for life. As a result, once assigned, a PRAN cannot be modified over the subscriber’s lifetime. Furthermore, after PRAN allocation, users can obtain physical copies of their PRAN card.
Why Do You Require PRAN?
The following are some advantages of having a Permanent Retirement Account Number card:
- Subscribers may set themselves apart from the crowd and keep track of their savings and investments.
- A PRAN can also be used to update essential information.
- Individuals can also use this number to check the status of their PRAN card.
As a result of the above, it is clear that one must apply for PRAN online or offline to get benefits.
How Do I Get a PRAN Card?
Any candidate between the ages of 18 and 60 can submit a PRAN application. However, before applying for PRAN, they must first register with the Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA) and the Drawing and Disbursing Office (DDO).
Furthermore, subscribers must complete the PRAN application form either online or offline, depending on their preference. The following part contains information on the application procedure, both online and offline, as well as the processes to fill out the application form.
Online PRAN Application
One may apply for a PRAN card online by going to the NSDL or Karvy websites. These are the CRA websites for maintaining and creating NPS accounts in India.
If you’re wondering how to find an NPS’s PRAN, you may utilize these online sites to apply for a number using either an Aadhaar card or a PAN card. If you want to apply for a PRAN online using your Aadhaar card, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the NSDL website.
- Select the National Pension System option.
- When you click on this, a dialogue box will appear on the screen with the “Registration” option. Check it out.
- You must now decide how you want the registration process to proceed. Proceed by clicking “Register with Aadhaar Offline e-KYC.”
- You may finish the KYC process by entering your Aadhaar OTP. It will be delivered to your registered Aadhaar cellphone number.
- Your photo and demographic data will be automatically retrieved and uploaded to the online form.
- Fill out any additional required information online.
- Upload your signature in *.JPEG or *.JPG format, with a file size ranging from 4kb to 12kb.
- If you want to update the photo that was transferred from your Aadhaar, you can do so by uploading a new one.
- Finally, you’ll be sent to the payment portal to donate to your NPS account. You can complete the payment by using online banking or a debit/credit card.
If you wish to apply for a PRAN card using your Permanent Account Number (PAN), follow the instructions below:
- Visit the NSDL’s official website.
- On the webpage, there is a link labeled “National Pension System.” Simply click on it.
- On the screen, a conversation box will display. Check the “Registration” box and continue.
- Now, select “Register with Permanent Account Number” to begin the KYC process.
- For KYC verification, you must have a bank account with an NPS-approved bank.
- The name and address you submit for KYC should resemble those on file with the bank.
- The registration may be refused if there is a mismatch. In such a case, one should call the bank.
- All additional information must be entered through the online method.
- As previously stated, a digital signature should be uploaded.
- You will now be transferred to the payment portal where you may contribute to your NPS account.
- Aside from the techniques listed above, one may also apply for PRAN in offline mode.
Offline PRAN Application
You can enroll for a Permanent Retirement Account Number offline if you want to know how to acquire PRAN for NPS.
- Visit your local National Pension System Point-of-Presence. These institutions are authorized to engage in a variety of NPS-related activities.
- Collect the PRAN application form and correctly fill it out.
- Please provide all of the paperwork required for PRAN registration.
- Before making a payment, double-check all of the information.
- You will receive the card at your address after successfully registering.
Filling Out the PRAN Application Form
A form for a Permanent Retirement Account Number is divided into five pieces. These are their names:
- A: Personal information.
- B: Employment information.
- C: Nomination specifics.
- D: Scheme specifics.
- E: T-PIN and I-PIN declaration.
After downloading the aforementioned form, a subscriber must proceed as follows:
- Except for section B, fill in all of the details.
- Section B is completed by the DDO.
- When filling out the form offline, please sure you use only block letters and a black pen.
Required Documentation for the PRAN Application?
Aside from that, some papers must be shown or attached to the registration form. These will assist you in completing the PRAN registration procedure successfully.
To register under the scheme, applicants must attach specified documentation to their PRAN application forms. Here are some documents that must be carried:
- PRAN card application form
- The Aadhaar card.
- The PAN card.
- For internet mode, scanned copies of passport-size images.
- Bank passbook photocopy
- Signatures were scanned and copied.
- Additionally, NRI subscribers must be informed of the PRAN application procedure.
How Can NRIs Obtain a PRAN?
If you are an NRI and wish to know how to find NPS PRAN, please follow the procedures below:
- Choose between repatriable or non-repatriable bank accounts as your account status.
- Submit your NRE/NRO bank account information, as well as a scanned copy of your passport.
- Finally, choose the desired address for communication between foreign addresses and Indian permanent addresses.
- Furthermore, subscribers may easily and quickly verify the status of their PRAN application.
How Do I Check the Status of My PRAN Card?
In most cases, a subscriber receives the PRAN by postal mail 20 days after submitting the forms. In the event of a delay, you can track the status of your card as follows:
- Navigate to the NSDL website’s official NPS portal.
- On the webpage, there is a “PRAN Application Status (Through Ack. No)” option.
- When you select the aforementioned option, you will be sent to a new page.
- Now, choose “Subscriber Registration Request Status.”
- Enter the necessary information, Ack. No, and a Captcha code, then click “Search.”
- When you know your status, you may download your Permanent Retirement Account Number card from the NSDL website.
Have you ever wished to invest in something with higher returns and more stability than NPS? Surprisingly, real estate is one such alternate investment that offers the same results but with greater efficiency! Long-term stability, assured profits, capital appreciation, and considerable rewards are all provided by real estate.
Assetmonk, one of the top platforms for real estate investing, allows you to invest in a wide range of commercial and residential real estate assets via fractional ownership and crowdfunding.
PRAN Card: How to Get Your PRAN Number FAQs
PRAN cards are required for all NPS subscribers.
No, a single subscriber may only have one PRAN card because NPS laws allow for NPS subscriptions. You also do not need to modify your NPS account if you move jobs. You may, however, move your account from one place to another.