The EPFO, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, is an Employees’ State Insurance Company that provides various benefits, including provident fund and insurance for employees. It was established on April 1, 1946, as a nationalized autonomous body of public nature under the Ministry of Labour & Employment. The organization was given statutory status by an Act passed by Parliament in 1952. EPFO Login means registering yourself with the EPFO portal through which you can access all its services online from anywhere in India or abroad.
Read EPF – Employees’ Provident Fund, EPFO Benefits & Process.
What is EPFO Login?
EPFO stands for Employees Provident Fund Organisation. It is a government organization that provides social security to its members, including provident fund (PF), pension, and insurance. The Employee’s Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Income Tax Act, 1952 came into force on January 1, 1953, under which EPFO was established as an autonomous body with its constitution and rules.
The purpose of this article will be to explain how you can log in to your EPFO account after logging into your JAMB Bank E-Services portal or through any other similar portal like Paypal or Net Banking etc. so that you can manage your EPFO account from home as well as the office easily without having any problems at all.
To log into the EPFO portal, you must activate your UAN beforehand.
Read UAN Login – Mobile Number Change in UAN Portal.
Steps to activate UAN
- Go to the UAN website and log in with your [name] credentials.
- If you haven’t already, register for a UAN account. If you don’t have one, go to www.uanservice.gov/register and follow the steps there to create an account. Each UAN account is associated with one person or entity, so make sure your name matches the name on your credit card (or other identifying documents) when you register for an account!
- After you’ve registered for an account, click “Activate.” This will bring up a screen that asks you to enter your contact information so that we can verify it’s you who’s doing this (this is called “verifying your identity”). You can also choose whether or not you want us to keep using your contact information to activate UAN—just check the box next to “I’d like UAN services without sharing my contact info.”
How to Login EPFO Member Portal?
The EPFO member portal is a secure website that enables you to access your details and information. You can use the EPFO member portal to view your PF account, change your UAN and password, check the status of your pension claims, etc.
The EPFO member portal is a digital platform that allows you to access your PF account, UAN, and other information. You can also view your pension details and request the transfer of funds. The EPFO has recently launched an upgraded version of the member portal with enhanced features.
How to Login to the EPFO Member Portal for Employees?
Logging onto the EPFO site is an easy process. To finish the login process, provide the UAN, password, then captcha.
Login in as Employee to the EPFO portal.
Employees can use the following steps to access the EPFO portal:
Step 1: Employees should first visit the EPFO website, which is located at https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site en/index.php.
Step 2: While on the EPFO website, the employee must navigate to ‘Services’ and then select ‘For Employees’.
Step 3: On the following screen, the employee must select ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’. The link may be located in the ‘Services’ section.
Step 4: The employee must input his UAN & password in the new section. Together with those facts, the employee must input the captcha information supplied.
Step 5: Employee must then select the ‘Sign In’ button.
Step 6: The following page will take you to the EPFO site of the employee. Workers can use the EPFO portal to modify their KYC or Know Your Customer information, collect their PF amount, view their PF balance, and move their PF amount.
How to Login to the EPFO Portal for Employers?
The procedure for employers to access the EPFO site is outlined below:
Step 1: To begin, the employer should go to the EPFO employer login page, which is located at https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/.
Step 2: The employer must then input the username plus password and select the ‘Sign In’ button.
The EPFO is one of the world’s largest Social Security Organizations in terms of the volume of financial operations and the number of registered members. The following are the 3 schemes that fall within the scope of the EPFO:
Name of the Schemes
What are the schemes about?
EPF or Employees Provident Fund
Contributions are accrued under the system for people to utilize when they retire. Fractional withdrawals are permitted in the event of home building, sickness, or marriage.
EPS or Employees’ Pension Scheme
Contributions get made to the system on a regular basis for members to use when they retire or for nominees to receive if the member dies.
EDLI or Employees Deposit Linked Scheme
In the event that a member dies as a member of the EPFO, benefits are offered to the person’s family. Up to 20 times the employee’s pay, with a limit of Rs.6 lakh, is granted.
Services Provided via the EPFO Portal
- One Employee-One EPF Account: This is a service that allows EPF account holders to consolidate PF accounts under their UAN.
- EPFO Member Passbook Download: The EPFO member passbook keeps track of transactions associated with EPF and EPS contributions and withdrawals.
- The Pensioners’ Portal: Here is the place to go for answers to any pension-related questions. You may view your Pension Payment Order (PPO), pension credit, and passbook information.
- Principal Employer: The facility connects the primary and the contractor employer. The employer can input information about contract workers, work orders, and outsourced employment contracts.
- TRRN Query: TRRN stands for Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN), and it is a temporary number that you may use to verify the progress of your PF challan payment.
- Helpdesk: EPFO has also established a helpdesk for all workers and employers.
- COC Application Form: The website has an application form for COC or Certificate of Coverage.
- Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) portal: The employer can create a user ID and password by registering with the e-Sewa site. The Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) with a digital signature can then be uploaded.
EPFO Password Reset Procedure
Step 1: Go to the EPFO/UAN e-Sewa Portal.
Step 2: Choose ‘Forget Password.’
Step 3: Input your Universal Account Number (UAN) (UAN)
Step 4: Confirm the captcha
Step 5: Input the OTP that was issued to your cell phone.
Step 6: Enter the OTP
Step 7: You will be routed to the password-changing page.
Step 8: Type in the password
Step 9: Click the ‘Confirm’ button.
EPF Complaints or Grievances
The EPFO has a grievances system in place that allows members to file concerns about PF accounts and processes. Members can file complaints by going to EPFiGMS.gov.in and clicking on the ‘Register Grievance’ button.
Members must fill out all of the needed account information as well as a brief explanation of their issue. Any relevant and connected files to the grievance can be posted on the website. By selecting the ‘View Status’ option, the member may also follow the position of any submitted grievance.
How to activate your UAN with the help of an employer?
You can activate your UAN online or offline.
If you want to activate your UAN online, follow these steps:
- Log into your EPFO account on the website https://epfoonline.nic.in/epportal/homepage (or www.epfindia.gov).
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and Password in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Submit” button. – This will open up a new page where you need to enter an activation code that has been provided by the employer- The employee should also inform him/her about this activation process as well so that he/she does not face any problems during this process of activating his/her UAN.
The UAN is unique to each individual
The UAN is unique to each individual and remains the same even if you change employers. You can use it to log in to your EPFO member portal, but you must have a valid email address so that we can send you an OTP (Time Password) code.
You will also need to provide us with your name, date of birth, and gender. This information will be used by us when creating a profile for you on the portal so that we can identify you as a user of this system.
If you do not have a PAN Card or an Aadhaar Card, you will need to visit your nearest EPFO office and get yourself registered. This can be done by providing us with the necessary documents. Once this process is completed, we will send you an email containing your UAN password, which you can use to log in to the portal.
How to Login for UAN?
The UAN login process is meant for users who have knowledge of their UAN.
Step 1: Go to the EPFO’s main site.
Step 2: Enter your UAN, password, plus captcha. In the UAN member site, select the Sign In option.
Step 3: Your UAN number, date of birth, Aadhaar number, bank account number(s), PAN number, email ID, and other data are shown on the main page.
Step 4: On the Home page, write:
- In the UAN member site, under the ‘View’ tab, you may see:
- Your profile
- Service History
- UAN Card
- In the UAN member site, under the ‘Manage’ tab, you may see:
- Basic details
- Contact details
- Mark exit
- In the UAN member site, under the ‘Account’ tab, you may see: Account settings
- In the UAN member site, under the ‘Online Services’ tab, you may see:
- Claim Forms 31, 19, 10C, and 10D
- Transfer Request
- Claim status
- Annexure K
Is it possible for employees to generate UAN on their own?
Employees may generate their UAN by going to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface and clicking on UAN Allotment For Existing PF. A valid Aadhaar number and a registered mobile phone are required to use this service. To receive a UAN, the employee must supply employment information.
EPFO Login – How to Login EPFO Member Portal FAQs
What percentage of the EPF is paid for by the employer and the employee?
The employer’s contribution to the EPS is 12% of his/her salary. The employee contributes 8%. A self-employed person pays 12% of their income.
Can a member change information on the EPFO portal such as their father’s name, their joining date, their joining date, and their relationship?
You can edit your details on the EPF portal at any time.
Will my EPF number change if I change my job?
No, if you move jobs, your EPF number will not change.
Why is it necessary to give a nomination for pension?
If the member expires and there are no qualifying family members, the pension will be paid to the nominee.
What are the benefits of having a UAN?
After an employee has activated his UAN, the user can print or download their passbook plus UAN card at any time. The member may also see all prior member IDs. The member also can modify their KYC information online.
Can the member edit details such as the father’s name, date of exit, date of joining, and relationship on the EPFO portal?
Unfortunately, the member cannot update the information listed above on the EPFO site.
Can a member pay an excess of the mandatory 12% towards EPF?
The member can contribute more than 12 percent of the contribution limit of Rs.15,000 as a voluntary contribution.
Who receives the pension in case the member dies?
If members expire, their spouses will get the pension. Furthermore, their children (a limit of two at a time) qualify for a pension until they attain 25.
Can I withdraw my EPF funds if I am currently unemployed and in need of funds?
If you are idle for more than a month, you may take up to 75 percent of your EPF money. If you withdraw the EPF money prematurely finishing 5 years of service, the amount is taxable and must be reported as income from other sources on your ITR.
In case the member wants to file a transfer claim, does he/she have to register on the member portal?
To file a transfer claim, the member must first enroll on the member site.
How is the UAN number assigned to EPF members?
When someone joins a corporation, they are given a UAN number. A UAN number is only assigned a single time and is distinct to each EPF member.